Saturday, January 30, 2016

New Year, new hair.








There's something about a new year that has us itching for a change, and nothing is quite as instantly gratifying as a new hairdo. This Chinese New Year I wasn't as gutsy as the last when I chopped off the longest mane I ever had. Instead, I opted for a fresh coat of colour since I haven't gotten it dyed in a very long time (which explains the unintentional ombre hair).

As much as I love the colour red, I've always had a phobia 'cause I remember trying red highlights and hated how it turned out. But my trusty hairstylist, Elein, managed to convince and reassure me once again to give red another go.

It's always a battle trying to pick a hair colour 'cause you know it's something you've to stick with for a good amount of time so you want it to turn out right. After much indecisiveness, I settled for a copper colour. And rather than have streaks of red highlights to go with the copper, Elein gave me an underlayer dye.

I must say that the hands of my hairstylist really does work magic! The red turned out gorgeous and the shade matches the copper perfectly. The red underlayer dye is brilliant 'cause I get to hide it if I wanted to, otherwise it peeks out from the curls of my hair for dimension. Madly in love with my new hair! Plus what better colour than red itself to usher in the Year of the Red Fire Monkey?

Hopefully you've booked your hair appointment in time for a fresh hairdo to start the the year right. If not, do quote my name for perks when you visit Headlines!

Headlines Hairdressing
10 Anson Road, #03-32
International Plaza
Singapore 079903

Contact: 6223 3133
Instagram: @headlinesip

Photos & Editing by yours truly

"Hair brings one's self-image into focus; it is vanity's proving ground. Hair is terribly personal, a tangle of mysterious prejudices." -Shana Alexander

With love,
 photo f60ffb83-5a2a-48b4-a5c7-8c11e00d3d4a_zps00748fdb.jpg
Clarabelle Faith

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!